co-worker showed my wife his knob!

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
iansr
Old Hand

#1 co-worker showed my wife his knob!

Post by iansr »

Well you can imagine my reaction, but then to make matters worse she told me she thought it was exquisite!

Well how is a chap supposed to react to that I ask you? I like to think my response was pretty mature - I asked him if he could make me one just the same.

Actually I haven't yet asked him but I may well do in the future. The co-worker in question is David Blackburn. In his spare time he makes parts for steam engines, but can apparently turn his hand to all sorts of things. For example I suspect he could make some really cool transformer covers like you get on those v expensive Ayon amps. My wife said the knob was a work of art. He also has a (self made!) CNC router. His website is here:

http://www.steamcastings.co.uk/

David confirmed I could mention him on this forum, so if you have something you think he could make then get in touch with him. Interestingly his background is in electronics engineering.

Possessing a great knob he is of course in Yorkshire.
"Its good enough for Government work."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: co-worker showed my wife his knob!

Post by pre65 »

iansr wrote:
Possessing a great knob he is of course in Yorkshire.
Is that because Yorkshire gents keep their hands in their pockets ?

And is "pocket billiards" the county sport ? (after cricket of course) :wink: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
cressy
Shed dweller

Post by cressy »

its a county sport alright! mostly practiced outside inns and at bus stops throughout the county. but walking through my rancid little hometown at night can resemble a scene from clockwork orange at times! with most of the hobbies partaken therin displayed for the man with the eyes in the back of his head to avoid. those i believe are not county sports. yet