Garrard and Delrin.

301, 401, plinths and assorted idler stuff
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 Garrard and Delrin.

Post by pre65 »

Came across this while researching the properties of Delrin.

In the mid-1960s, phonograph turntable manufacturer Garrard used Delrin in applications where its stability, low friction and resistance to commonly-encountered lubricants were of advantage. Garrard advertising of the era specifically mentioned the low-friction characteristics of Delrin.

What parts might they be referring to ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Morgan Jones
User

#3 Re: Garrard and Delrin.

Post by Morgan Jones »

Platter thrust bearing. From memory, my 301 thrust cage was a pressed metal assembly with what looked like a phosphor disc resting on white plastic that could well have been Delrin. Certainly wasn't PTFE.
steve s
Shed dweller

#4 Re: Garrard and Delrin.

Post by steve s »

Hi Morgan, great to see you posting, hope you are well..
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Morgan Jones
User

#5 Re: Garrard and Delrin.

Post by Morgan Jones »

Yes, fine, thank you. Retired now. Which is nice. I had hoped to see you at Retrokit a week ago.
steve s
Shed dweller

#6 Re: Garrard and Delrin.

Post by steve s »

Unfortunately I didn't make it morgan, my mate was late booking and was unable to get a table, I had another offer to share someone's table a couple of days before, but by that time I had committed to attending my granddaughters birthday party.

Happy retirement.. its great !
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number