SLOB project

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
Nick
Site Admin

#316 Re: SLOB project

Post by Nick »

Yep. I will find them. Drop me a pm with the address.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#317 Re: SLOB project

Post by Paul Barker »

Ray P wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:50 pm
Toppsy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:34 pm Yep, that momentary lapse would bug me also and agreed a larger radius to the top corners of the baffle would rid you of the eyesore and IMHO would have no detrimental affect to the baffle performance.
Hi Colin.

Coincidentally, I've just finished putting a larger radius on the tops of the baffles and treated them to a first coat of finish. A baked bean tin was just the right diameter.
Toppsy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:34 pm Interesting 8" FR driver Ray. Do you have any actual on-baffle measurements of this driver as I couldn't find anything online?
Aurel Bryan are a small outfit in Indonesia and direct sell. They do have a presence, though not very active, on Facebook, but the guy was
responsive and helpful when I messaged. The only other information I have is below;

Aurel Bryan FR units.jpg

The speaker units seem to be well regarded. I picked them up as part of a trade, the 10in Lii Audio units for these plus some Jordan drivers/cabinets (in need of re-veneering).
Oh wow they look great
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
nicoch
User

#318 Re: SLOB project

Post by nicoch »

Ray P wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:58 am I've just been installing the drivers into SLOB #1. #2 to follow shortly then it's just a case of hooking up the drive units and sorting out the amplification and crossover.

HI
Sound good ? any news ?
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#319 Re: SLOB project

Post by Ray P »

Still need to sort out a crossover so project has been stalled while I work on some others that I need to get finished.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!