Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#15451 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

Greg wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:44 am
Ray P wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:47 amHere, here!
Nice exclamation! Pity you couldn’t get it right….
you don't do jokes either then Greg?
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
ed
retired

#15452 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

I have to admit...in this case I sympathise with Greg.

I also get frustrated with Mike's posts at times. I look down the thread and see a new post on a subject I might be following, only to find the new post is a smiley or a one word response.....

please don't respond Mike, I'm not criticising, only confessing that I(me) feel a tad frustrated. Others may, and probably do, feel differently.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Nick
Site Admin

#15453 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

And your life is so busy and your time so important that loosing those few seconds is such a problem? Remind me again what your hourly rate is?

Must remember to send you an invoice next time you call to ask me if the person you remember is the person you think it is. No I won't send you a invoice. Know why? Because that's not what friends do, they realise that we all do little things that can annoy at times, but they are happy to put up with that, because that's what you do with friends.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#15454 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Sometimes, when I post something, a complete lack of response can be disheartening. :(

It may be that no one is actually interested, which is fair enough, but, to me, any recognition that the post has been read is welcome.

So, carry on regardless Mike, don't take any notice of those who seem to only criticise.

And yes, I agree with what our Nick has just posted whilst I was writing this post. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
ed
retired

#15455 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

Nick wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:21 am And your life is so busy and your time so important that loosing those few seconds is such a problem? Remind me again what your hourly rate is?

Must remember to send you an invoice next time you call to ask me if the person you remember is the person you think it is. No I won't send you a invoice. Know why? Because that's not what friends do, they realise that we all do little things that can annoy at times, but they are happy to put up with that, because that's what you do with friends.
I realise this is a response to my post as it relates to my recent correspondence with Jono. I may have misunderstood, although I doubt it. IMO this is the most unnecessary(possibly hurtfull) post/response I've ever received.

wtf! what part of my post related to friendship, I was just highlighting the fact that when a dialogue is expected and there isn't one, I can feel frustrated. It doesn't relate to anybody else, it's just how I feel. It has absolutely nothing to do with wasting my time and I'm at pains to understand why you think time wasting may be an issue.
Nick
Site Admin

#15456 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

I also get frustrated with Mike's posts at times.
Maybe try reading your post as if it was written about a post you made.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
ed
retired

#15457 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

wtf! what part of my post related to friendship, I was just highlighting the fact that when a dialogue is expected and there isn't one, I can feel frustrated. It doesn't relate to anybody else, it's just how I feel. It has absolutely nothing to do with wasting my time and I'm at pains to understand why you think time wasting may be an issue.
Nick
Site Admin

#15458 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

Hey, I maybe misunderstood your post, maybe Mike misunderstood your post, maybe not, who can know.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#15459 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Paul Barker »

Yes I thnk Mike didnt mean harm.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Nick
Site Admin

#15460 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

I know damn well Mike didn't mean any or cause any harm.
ed
retired

#15461 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

Nick wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:01 pm Hey, I maybe misunderstood your post, maybe Mike misunderstood your post, maybe not, who can know.
This seems to be descending into farce

I didn't respond to Mike's post, I commented after Greg's post and it was a general observation..and Mike certainly didn't repspond to my post so how do you know he misunderstood???

and, fwiw I never thought in a million years that Mike meant any harm...you(Nick) seems to be reading things in my posts that simply do not exist
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#15462 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

For God's sake Ed, Nick was just responding to Paul's post.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
ed
retired

#15463 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

for God's sake Mark...you're muddying the waters big time....

Nick responded t my post thus:
Nick wrote: ↑Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:01 pm
Hey, I maybe misunderstood your post, maybe Mike misunderstood your post, maybe not, who can know.
and I responded that Mike did not misunderstand my post because he didn't reply to it.

Paul's observation that Mike intended no harm is superfluous to this dialogue I merely agreed in a general fashion.....

the mis representation revolves around 'time wasting' and the lecture about the value and nature of friendship.'
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#15464 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

This conversation is more interesting and funny than I thought possible.

Or, it's very sad. :cry:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

#15465 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

The closest I can see to a misrepresentation is if there is not a obvious connection between time wasting and frustration. I cant see any way that having to read a post you didn't want to, causing frustration without the reading of the post involving spending some time doing it. Maybe I was wrong, maybe there is a form of frustration that is not closely tied to taking time to do something that results in less that the expected outcome.

I responded to Pauls post:
Yes I thnk Mike didnt mean harm.
Because that requires Mike to have unintentionally actually caused harm.