General health matters.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#541 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

All is well that ends well? More like Eewww urgh ffs.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#542 Re: General health matters.

Post by Ray P »

I've been off work all week with the worst head cold that I can remember - just starting to get on the up this morning but now have a cough. I've not been out of the front door since last Tuesday, let alone ride my bike! I believe some work colleagues have had a similar experience.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Tony Moore
Old Hand

#543 Re: General health matters.

Post by Tony Moore »

Both my wife and I have had a similar experience this last week only hers started a week earlier and she quickly got a very bad cough that is seemingly impossible to shift.

It's not Covid, or at least the new kits I bought didn't show positive.

It would seem just about everyone you talk to has something similar. Not fun.

Loads of SMD soldering to do too, only I can't face breathing in fumes or even trying to focus that close to be honest at the moment. I have amassed the majority of the components and tooling for the RTZ DAC though so itching to proceed!
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#544 Re: General health matters.

Post by Daniel Quinn »

I've been walking Milo for 7km a day for 10 months and my gait as considerably improved .

My right knee is now getting involved with my gait and I'm up to 6.72 kmh . I now no longer walk from the hip , kicking it out with every step.

Walking from the hip used to annoy the fuck out of me . For me it was the sin qua none of having a significant stroke. Even when I lived in a hospital bed in the front room and I had no function at all on my right side , I longed to walk as before .

We are a long way from that , but one day .
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#545 Re: General health matters.

Post by IslandPink »

Good effort, that's pretty fast too.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#546 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

Good to hear of your progress Dennis. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Paul Barker

#547 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

3rd’d
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ray P

#548 Re: General health matters.

Post by Ray P »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:30 pm I've been walking Milo for 7km a day for 10 months and my gait as considerably improved .

My right knee is now getting involved with my gait and I'm up to 6.72 kmh . I now no longer walk from the hip , kicking it out with every step.

Walking from the hip used to annoy the fuck out of me . For me it was the sin qua none of having a significant stroke. Even when I lived in a hospital bed in the front room and I had no function at all on my right side , I longed to walk as before .

We are a long way from that , but one day .
Good stickability Dennis and nice to hear of your progression - and poor Milo!
Ray P

#549 Re: General health matters.

Post by Ray P »

Tony Moore wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:18 am ...and she quickly got a very bad cough that is seemingly impossible to shift.
Yep, I've got a cough developing.

Good luck with the RTZ DAC soldering.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#550 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

Ray P wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:31 pm
Tony Moore wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:18 am ...and she quickly got a very bad cough that is seemingly impossible to shift.
Yep, I've got a cough developing.
My cough seems to come and go at random. Some days bad and others minimal, but fortunately more good days than bad. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Paul Barker

#551 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

I bought a used Apple Watch 6.4
Its a cellular: found out I had to increase my payments @EE £7 to get a esim I think they call it. How’s that going? Its not going, after two days and multiple dialing 150 (EE Business customers HELP!!!!! line.)

Anyway, like the watch and maybe no need for cellular not enough to add £7 pcm to everything else flying out my account like sh1t off a shovel. So if the crew helping me get set up with esim, OK. If not I’ll just cancel that. Not sure its needed!
Michael L
Old Hand

#552 Re: General health matters.

Post by Michael L »

BBC Radio 4 prog examined claims for the efficacy of two cold prevention nasal sprays in https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001gl6g

They looked at two products - a Vicks nasal spray and a Boots one. Experts said they were both likely to reduce length and severity of colds and one said he used these products prophylactically when travelling. They will weaken any respiratory virus.
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#553 Re: General health matters.

Post by vinylnvalves »

Michael L wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:56 am BBC Radio 4 prog examined claims for the efficacy of two cold prevention nasal sprays in https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001gl6g

They looked at two products - a Vicks nasal spray and a Boots one. Experts said they were both likely to reduce length and severity of colds and one said he used these products prophylactically when travelling. They will weaken any respiratory virus.
I have been using the boots one through out the pandemic, still havent had covid. It was shown via internal testing to be effective against covid, but they were not allowed to claim it, as they needed extensive testing. Probably more than required for one of the vaccines, according to a friend who works for Crooks healthcare.
Nick
Site Admin

#554 Re: General health matters.

Post by Nick »

I haven't been using the boots one through out the pandemic, still havent had covid either.

Just countering one anecdote with another.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#555 Re: General health matters.

Post by jack »

Nick wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:36 pm I haven't been using the boots one through out the pandemic, still havent had covid either.

Just countering one anecdote with another.
Ditto
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt