General health matters.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#526 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

^ :(

Trying to get used to wearing socks again for the first time in 2 months of not. Still feels quite weird because there is now a sense of touch on top of the toes where there never was before. The socks are new, Bridgedale Merino wool because the tootsies have been feeling the cold lately! Last check-up was a week ago (Weds), and still needed a bit of discharging and wrapping up again. However the scab on the right toe could completely come off so that was a win. Dressings off again on Friday, OK no prob, but then, at about 11:10 pm as I'm preparing to go to bed, I have shut the laptop lid, turned off the power supply (and the PCL82 amp that I'm using for sound), getting ready to clean my teeth etc., I notice I'm dripping blood all over the dining room and conservatory floors as I'm pottering about. Right toe is spewing like a good 'un. Good job I'm not in the lounge/front room as that has fitted carpet! Managed to staunch the flow with a couple of swabs, then mopped up the floors. This is a bit odd and quite unexpected because the right toe is supposed to be the one that is most advanced in terms of healing. Anyhow, next check-up is tomorrow, Thurs 22nd, I'll tell her the story!

Next excitement, about 3:30 am Sunday morning, boiler wakes me up making a horrible noise, then I get a Hive hub alarm on the 'phone, ignition failure, boiler lights flashing, it then gives me a trouble-shooting guide, to cut a long story short, condensate drain is frozen, so at 4 am there I am out in the nadger freezing outdoors, pouring hot water over the drain pipe. 2 kettles worth. I think it froze at the lower end at the kitchen drain – regs say if outside it has to go into a drain. It is also lagged as per, but even so. (The pipe is several feet long to reach the drain.)

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#527 Re: General health matters.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Exciting times Mike -Onwards!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#528 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

Not arf.....
:D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#529 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

next check-up is tomorrow, Thurs 22nd, I'll tell her the story!
Aaaa-and the verdict is, she still wants to monitor it, so we'll see you again next week. (The scab on the left toe could mostly go this time, but they've both not totally finished yet.)

PS: Yasmin the receptionist had a very smart Santa hat on with added antlers.

andrew Ivimey

#530 Re: General health matters.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I bet she did!!! 😉
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#531 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

Don't be disgusting.

:lol:

andrew Ivimey

#532 Re: General health matters.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Sniggers...
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#533 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

I've been under the weather for nearly a fortnight now, not sure if it's a cold or something flu-ey.

In order to protect Jeans family I have remained at home whilst she journeys to darkest West Yorkshire.

Last Monday, I was having trouble with neck pains and restricted head movement, and overnight it got much worse. So much so that I could not get out of bed Tuesday morning and my head was locked in one position, or could only move with extreme pain.

I rang the Doctors at 08:45 and they offered to see me at 10:20.

Jean helped me get up and dressed, and drove me to the surgery. The Doctor diagnosed muscle problems (the ones from behind the ear down to shoulders, prescribed Naproxen, and advised some neck exercises once the pain wore off.

I took one Naproxen when home (11ish) and within 2 hours my head regained some semblance of normality without excruciating pain. I took another Naproxen at bedtime and things have been OK since then, albeit with me doing the suggested exercises.

I've had neck problems for many years, but nothing so painful as this. :(
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
andrew Ivimey

#534 Re: General health matters.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Anti-inflammatory, think ibuprofen but stronger. I'm glad it hit the spot. Happy Christmas blah blah!
ed
retired

#535 Re: General health matters.

Post by ed »

pre65 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:28 pm
Last Monday, I was having trouble with neck pains and restricted head movement, and overnight it got much worse. So much so that I could not get out of bed Tuesday morning and my head was locked in one position, or could only move with extreme pain.
I've had exactly the same problem for the last fortnight. Tried to get an appointment with the GP but failed 3 times...1st: doc not in surgery on mondays. 2nd: line disconnects, many attempts. 3rd: in que at number 6, 30 mins later, in queue at number 6....and then the strikes started so I gave up...

I will try again in the new year...the disability comes and goes now...worse after doing the washing-up. If I look down for any length of time it's agony lifting my head up again....

progress..with age comes great experience...

bah humbug!
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#536 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

Oh dear Ed. :(

I tried a local Osteopath for associated neck, shoulder and back pain issues. As well as feeling better after manipulations and massage she gave me an exercise regime to help prevent further problems.

Doing such exercise's was a great help, but over time my will to do them declined, and hence the problems came back.

My biggest problem seems to be my laptop position which makes me spend hours looking to the left, but if I remember to do the exercises it really helps stop pains starting.

My advise, stop washing up, and looking down. :lol:

Next time you ring your surgery be more assertive with the receptionist, exaggerate a tad with the severity of the pain if you must or consult an Osteopath, it might be £50 very well spent.

And above all, if you are recommended any exercises, make sure you do them !

Edmund Burke

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#537 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

ed wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:05 am
pre65 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:28 pm
I've had exactly the same problem for the last fortnight. Tried to get an appointment with the GP but failed 3 times...1st: doc not in surgery on mondays. 2nd: line disconnects, many attempts. 3rd: in que at number 6, 30 mins later, in queue at number 6....and then the strikes started so I gave up...

I will try again in the new year...the disability comes and goes now...worse after doing the washing-up. If I look down for any length of time it's agony lifting my head up again....

progress..with age comes great experience...

bah humbug!
Sorry about your neck Phil! Sounds ghastly :shock: :(

I have never yet been able to get my surgery to pick up the 'phone. So what I'd normally do is walk down there and talk to someone over the counter. That's fine if you can walk down there .... :shock:

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#538 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

Thanks Mike, best wishes on the toe situation. :)

One thing I forgot to mention re Doctors...

I was advised to wear a mask and to bring with me proof of a negative Covid test on the day.

Good job I had a test kit at home.

Edmund Burke

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#539 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

:thumbleft:

Update – as far as we know at this current moment in time, last visit to the podiatrist was today. Unless I have a problem later, which I shouldn't think so. She was very happy with how the toes have ended up, and nothing to do! The granulation has gone down on the right toe (which was what she wanted to check up on since last time), so that would seem to be that. Just two very small scabs left, to disperse in due course. All I have to do now is get used to wearing socks and shoes with no toenails. :shock:

She thought it was 8 weeks since the op, I've just had a quick count up, it's actually 10 weeks ...

IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#540 Re: General health matters.

Post by IslandPink »

:thumbleft:
All's well that ends well !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"