Hello

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
ballastboy69
New User

#1 Hello

Post by ballastboy69 »

Hello Audio-Talk,

I am looking forward to getting involved in some of the discussionsa and forums.

I have designed an built a signle ended, direct heated triode, amplifier based around 6SN7GTB, Type 46 and then GM70 as the output tube. I have also been experimenting with my own output transformers based on twin AMCC320 Metglas with various winding patterns.
Currently listening in mono as it was a real headache to build assemble the first amp....looking for motivation to get to stereo...

David.
steve s
Shed dweller

#2 Re: Hello

Post by steve s »

Welcome, I have some cores and a winding machine awaiting inspiration too..
Your amp sounds great
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
ballastboy69
New User

#3 Re: Hello

Post by ballastboy69 »

I purchased a Chinese made winding macihne from EBay which was amazing value and actually pretty good, however it struggled with the size and wire thickness for the twin AMCC320 bobbin size.
I am building a larger winding machine myself, with some high power stepper motors and a linear table for tracking the wire accurately as the bobbin turns. Another one of my projects which is at 60% complete ;-).

My first transformer was very poor, it had a large amount of leakage inductance and poor frequency response. I have since done a multi-layer design with 5 primary and 4 secondary sections with Nomex paper in-between the sections. Much better, 40KHz+ and inductance ~50H although I am trying to measure parameter and correlate with design calculations.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#4 Re: Hello

Post by jack »

This is exciting stuff!
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt