FS - Nottingham Analogue Space Arm.

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#1 FS - Nottingham Analogue Space Arm.

Post by vinylnvalves »

Up for sale is a Nottingham Analogue Space Arm 9”.

I have had this a few years, and have enjoyed it, prompting me to get the Anna arm.

There is a backstory to this arm, I adjusted the azimuth on the head shell, as according to the website, you can, the head shell went slightly loose after I moved it... bugger I thought. Chatting with Andy at Nottingham Analogue, it became apparent on arms before 2010 you cannot, but he suggested just slightly squeezing the socket out of round on the head shell would be enough to do it. Being paranoid of splitting the arm tube, I turned and shrink fitted an aluminium/magnesium collar over the end of the tube, it’s only 12 thou thick so doesn’t add significant weight. This is covered with the obligatory heatshrink NA use. The headshell with a slight squeeze fits snug now. (As with Toms philosophy- no glue just tight enough).

Having played it to test it, it sounded as it should.

As it’s been modified slightly ( maybe improved) I feel I can only sell it a reduced price, from market value. I have £275 as a figure in mind, based on the additional cost It would be for NA to fit a new arm tube, and rewire it, back to original spec, compared to market value.
60B77C1E-9453-40D5-B373-1DBC3A787A1F.jpeg
60B77C1E-9453-40D5-B373-1DBC3A787A1F.jpeg (103.94 KiB) Viewed 3286 times
Ant
Shed dweller

#2 Re: FS - Nottingham Analogue Space Arm.

Post by Ant »

Nice looking arm, never seen one before. wouldnt mind comparing my arm to that one
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#3 Re: FS - Nottingham Analogue Space Arm.

Post by vinylnvalves »

Now sold