mit news

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#16 Re: mit news

Post by Paul Barker »

Paul Barker wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:31 am
Nick wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:33 am Well, I was in Peterborough in the 1970's, but I don't think there were NXT speakers then.
They never made it into the Laskies catalogue. I think they were either in melody maker or exchange and mart. The only two comics I read at the time. But my science teacher had them, however Im pretty sure they were readily available from one or other of above comics. on same page youd have found Eagle oval drivers with two tweeters on a metal flat bar centrally in front of the woofer centre. Thata and military surplus flying jackets! Makes you think of carpet baggers the film!
I had noticed quite a few showing up on youtube, which have pretty amateurish audio numskulls promoting them, and wait for it? sh!t sound! That is what these toddlers in this field are doing with them. Im a bit impatient with so many bloggers talking about stuff they think belongs to the now.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Nick
Site Admin

#17 Re: mit news

Post by Nick »

My point was meant to relate to NXT not existing them, but I realized after posting that I had committed to saying that flat panel exciters didn't exist in the 1970's

No harm done.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
shane
Social outcast

#18 Re: mit news

Post by shane »

Flat panel speakers and NXT speakers are not the same thing. The flat panel speakers around in the 70’s had a conventional voice coil and magnet assembly attached to the middle of a flat diaphragm, whilst NXT uses a number of motor assemblies to excite resonances in a panel to produce sound. This was developed in the late 90’s by Henry Azima.
PJC tried to explain how it works to me once but I never really got my head round it. He was very excited about it at the time but it seems to have died a death.
This gives a sort of idea how it works:

https://discourse.world/h/2019/10/07/An ... T-emitters
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Paul Barker

#19 Re: mit news

Post by Paul Barker »

Nick wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:04 pm My point was meant to relate to NXT not existing them, but I realized after posting that I had committed to saying that flat panel exciters didn't exist in the 1970's

No harm done.
I thought that.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker

#20 Re: mit news

Post by Paul Barker »

shane wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:27 pm Flat panel speakers and NXT speakers are not the same thing. The flat panel speakers around in the 70’s had a conventional voice coil and magnet assembly attached to the middle of a flat diaphragm, whilst NXT uses a number of motor assemblies to excite resonances in a panel to produce sound. This was developed in the late 90’s by Henry Azima.
PJC tried to explain how it works to me once but I never really got my head round it. He was very excited about it at the time but it seems to have died a death.
This gives a sort of idea how it works:

https://discourse.world/h/2019/10/07/An ... T-emitters
Ok thanks. Some of the idiots on you tube are just attaching a speaker motor to the back of a picture ffs, chronic quality!