Audio Note Kits; 300B PSE Monoblocks

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
gdog
User

#1 Audio Note Kits; 300B PSE Monoblocks

Post by gdog »

Audio Note Kits; 300B Parallel-Single-Ended, Interstage transformer, mono-block Power Amplifier Pair, C-Core output transformers. 4 Shuguang 300B output valves and driver valves included.

I built these amplifiers two years ago, but I they do not really play well with my loudspeakers, which I am settled on, and so I am looking for any reasonable offer for the pair.

There is a slight hum from one of the mono-blocks which while not audible during musical passages but should be investigated.

I would prefer if possible not to ship, my location is Bristol.

Please message for details and pictures
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#2 Re: Audio Note Kits; 300B PSE Monoblocks

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Reasonable is a value judgement . I admire your confidence .

How much did the kit cost ?
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: Audio Note Kits; 300B PSE Monoblocks

Post by Nick »

It may be these, the seller can confirm

https://ankaudiokits.com/product/300b-i ... power-amp/
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
gdog
User

#4 Re: Audio Note Kits; 300B PSE Monoblocks

Post by gdog »

Those are them.
gdog
User

#5 Re: Audio Note Kits; 300B PSE Monoblocks

Post by gdog »

With DIY its very difficult to know a market value. I think I would like to try and get back 30% of the price which would be about £1300. I don't need to sell but they are gathering dust and I am sure someone could use them.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#6 Re: Audio Note Kits; 300B PSE Monoblocks

Post by Paul Barker »

Im not in the market but price seems very good. Their kits seem more upmarket these days.

Cant help mentioning though, they fukced up the copper plate with bad graphic design. could easily be fixed with new copper overlay only holes in it to pass valves through so they can plug into the bases made in-ellegant by black screws and odd positioning. But such matters would have been addressed in their retail stuff. The kits maybe have to be imperfect to make the retail worth the extra costs. Maybe countersunk brass screws would fix it sufficient.

Anyway, great to see how far An have come since I spent a day there deciding whether to get involved with their diy sales. Theyve grown a lot since then employ many more staff, have much bigger facilities, more modern and automated winding machines more staff using them. Looks like I dropped a bollokc that day! But my wife would never have agreed to what Peter proposed. We all have to work within the constrains of our wifes who have to approve the spending of ‘new men’.

Anyway Ive probably enjoyed my career as a gas man at least as much or more, Keep my love of audio as a hobby. No regrets. But I wish all the staff and Peter well, and am very pleased with the direction the sands of time have taken them. I wish you well gdog getting youre buyer. Youre very fair with the price.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Grahamfocal
User

#7 Re: Audio Note Kits; 300B PSE Monoblocks

Post by Grahamfocal »

Pm sent