RCD question

We all start somewhere
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#16 Re: RCD question

Post by Paul Barker »

My aunt lived in Chandlers Ford when we lived in Alton so I know the sort of homes over there. Uncle was a lecturer in psychology at Southampton. I bet roads are mad these days.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Thermionic Idler
Old Hand

#17 Re: RCD question

Post by Thermionic Idler »

Paul Barker wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:03 am My aunt lived in Chandlers Ford when we lived in Alton so I know the sort of homes over there. Uncle was a lecturer in psychology at Southampton. I bet roads are mad these days.
Mercifully I work from home mostly these days - the last job was 100% remote, this new one I have to commute to Farnborough between once and twice a fortnight but I can live with that. There's a new relief road around Bordon which has improved things on my route but yeah, some spots are pretty bad.

I've ordered one of those testers that Richard Higgins linked to - I figured at least having a means of interrogating the sockets for the basic stuff would be useful.

Many thanks for your help on this Paul, that all gives me much food for discussion with the sparky.
Deck: Garrard 301 - Audio Origami PU7 - NW Analogue DH3S
Phono: Pete Millett LR, Lundahl SUT, AMB σ22 PSU
Linestage: Bruno Putzeys Balanced Pre + Hans Polak relay mod, LCDuino control
Power amps: 300B PP 'Symmetric Reichert'
Speakers: FF225WK Big Mets
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#18 Re: RCD question

Post by Paul Barker »

My old stamping ground, best friend was son of a farmer near Bordon.

Most of my friends lived on farms and my first job at 16 was farm hand, which means you go to skinny whimp to muscles popping out all over in two weeks at 16. It was all 40 hours a week of pure manual heavy work. I got home and fell straight asleep in a dining chair trying to stay awake! First experience of hard graft. My work mate I had to keep up with was ex para! He was hard act to follow!
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein