Worst recording ever ?

Share the music that moves you.......
rowuk
Old Hand

#16 Re: Worst recording ever ?

Post by rowuk »

Mahler8 on DeccaB0001498-19/Royal Concertgebouw/Riccardo Chailly
DVD/MLP Lossless/Dolby Digital

The performance is OK, the recording is truly the worst in my entire collection of LPs/CDs and raw digital sources. If it hadn't been a gift, I would have returned it.
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
shane
Social outcast

#17 Re: Worst recording ever ?

Post by shane »

Not the worst but possibly the oddest.

In the early ‘80s I bought an LP of Handel’s Coronation Anthems on Decca which had been cut at the wrong speed. Zadoc the Priest would have had George III galloping up the aisle of Westminster Abbey like Usain Bolt to the accompaniment of a choir of the Chipmunks.

I returned it to Decca and received a replacement about two months later cut at the correct speed, which is a beautiful recording, and have wondered how that could have happened ever since. Mine can’t have been the only one, and replacing it must have meant cutting a new master and making new stampers. I wonder if there’s any others still out there?

Bizarre!
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Ant
Shed dweller

#18 Re: Worst recording ever ?

Post by Ant »

That record would probably be worth a fortune as a miss press these days
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com