Electro-TOS

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
Michael L
Old Hand

#1 Electro-TOS

Post by Michael L »

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital ... a-744.html Post #7437 gives details

I have been following product developments at Netherlands based EC Designs.
Their last product range including MOS16 or 24 DAC and UPL16 or 24 music server was battery powered and used only toslink connections to provide galvanic isolation.

In their new product line, John - long time contributor to diy-Audio and his brother have designed a hybrid interconnect. Source output is electrical from an RCA socket into a cable terminated at the far end with a high speed led which plugs into the TOS- link socket of the DAC.

John writes
What makes ElectroTos so special?

+ Superb galvanic insulation, zero ground loop noise injection.
+ Limited bandwidth output, massive noise spectrum reduction compared to USB, I2S, coax, and AES/EBU.
+ Extremely low inter-symbol jitter because of twin bandwidth interface (large bandwidth electrical interlink, low bandwidth optical output) and the ElectroTos protocol.
+ No optical reflections.
+ Extra jitter reduction by PLL.

Has anyone on here been following this? Could this be a ground breaking method of limiting interference? It's something diy'ers could implement fairly easily.

They have more innovations including their new 'fractal' dac.
Nick
Site Admin

#2 Re: Electro-TOS

Post by Nick »

Good luck to them, but my only question is have they any evidence that he problem they have a solution to exists? All I can see are two pictures of a eye pattern on a analogue scope.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Tapatrick
New User

#3 Re: Electro-TOS

Post by Tapatrick »

There is a thread over on Audiophile Style on the new EC Designs products - 2 x transports and DAC plus the ElectroTos cable with glowing reports.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#4 Re: Electro-TOS

Post by pre65 »

Tapatrick wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:58 pm There is a thread over on Audiophile Style on the new EC Designs products - 2 x transports and DAC plus the ElectroTos cable with glowing reports.
I had a quick look, but was unable to find.

Can you provide a link please ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Tapatrick
New User

#5 Re: Electro-TOS

Post by Tapatrick »