Corona Virus 'Easing of Lock Down Measures' Rant

Subjects that don't have their own home
JohnG
Old Hand

#1 Corona Virus 'Easing of Lock Down Measures' Rant

Post by JohnG »

I'm sure there is a use for the Up Date to the Thread, after just reading up on a members shopping experience.
This experience is not unique, many who do the Households Shopping are aggravated by these types of observations.
Maintaining Social Distancing is the key to avoiding reactive outbursts of anti social behaviour in all situations where individuals are gathering, unfortunately the recent easing of the Lock Down measures has catapulted individuals into environments where the opportunity to maintain a Social Distance is not available.

There does not appear to be much more assistance being offered than to use the Guideline to Stay Alert !

As a Harsh View, I would assume the COVID 19 Scientific Data is now Aligned with the Fiscal Data and there are actions being put in place to salvage the future situation,
e.g Do we risk a further loss of life in the present due to a Pandemic but generate revenues,
or do we risk a further loss of life caused through not treating very treatable conditions in a few years as a result of imposed austere measures impacting on the NHS resulting from the continuation of the lost revenues of the present.

These are not nice thoughts to ponder or air, and definitely not decisions I would like to be having to make about a Population.
JohnG
Old Hand

#2 Re: Corona Virus 'Easing of Lock Down Measures' Rant

Post by JohnG »

Not too long ago, I was highly amused by a MacD's Drive Through Queue being off a length that was spilling out of the very long run up road and out onto a 'A Road'.
All those people needing their MacD's experience as soon as the Franchise started serving again.
This Queue Type was witnessed for many evenings as I drove by.

Last Night the Queue for the MacD's was about Ten Cars, so it was easy to see into the areas where the Vehicles would pull in and consume their orders.

The first thing apparent was the amount of MacD's Identifiable Litter to be seen in by the kerbs in very close proximity to the place of purchase.
As I drove on down the 'A Road' through a area with close proximity to each other laybys,
the dumped MacD's litter was very evident.
With the seating not available many are having their purchased meals in the surrounding areas local to the MacD's Franchise and then the follow up,' ingrained' throw the waste out of the window attitude is being speedily returned to.

I doubt very much my observations are unique, as well as my observations that had impressed me of how little fast food waste was to be seen at the road side when I first returned to work.

Is this a indicator of just how quickly multiples will speedily return to display this disheartening commonly seen habit,
where it becomes another's responsibility to clean up after their unnecessary displays of a Laziness towards managing ones own litter.