FET and mosfet: reading numbers.

For the three and more legged things
ed
retired

#16 Re: FET and mosfet: reading numbers.

Post by ed »

Paul Barker wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:06 am Help!

Ive gone off transistors real quick, I’m probably going back to valves.
no no no, don't dispair.....

regarding jfets in particular..

if I can offer a tad more encouragement, can I suggest/recommend you read(or re-read if you already did) the OM and the service manual for the first watt F3. It's a good intro to jfets from a crossover perspective.

I beleive Nick built an F3 back in the day as I have a memory of pointing him to the loveltech jfets. I don't have any memory of his findings on the results though....perhaps they weren't so positive?

I can send you copies if you can't find them.

In respect of jfets as front end contenders there is also the profet amp ideas which led to the F5 and the burning amp stuff.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#17 Re: FET and mosfet: reading numbers.

Post by Paul Barker »

I know ed but I’ve turned into a jibbering wreck.

I don’t fail with valves, so valves it is again this time. When I’ve calmed down again I’ll start playing with transisters and build up my knowledge understanding and abilities over the time that might take, no race.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Nick
Site Admin

#18 Re: FET and mosfet: reading numbers.

Post by Nick »

I built a F2 and a F5, I got the fets to make a F3 but never made it. Should still have them somewhere.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.