Copper Cap's in the Circuit

What people are working on at the moment
JohnG
Old Hand

#1 Copper Cap's in the Circuit

Post by JohnG »

I have now auditioned two types of Copper Cap's in the circuit of the device being built for me.
I have settled for the Audyn 0.68uf with the Blue Casing bought used from a forum member.

For the price paid for the Blue Casing and the Perception of Space and the expansion of the soundstage on offer, as compared to the 50 hours used Miflex 1.0uf, I can only say the Blue Case left me impressed and I have chose to keep them in the circuit, I am now curious to try one more brand before I completely commit, but if it does not materialise, I am still very satisfied.
I am Bass Sensitive so any presentation that I feel the Bass has a added authority, I show a prejudice, especially if I perceive it as the Mid's and Highs are being subdued by the Bass Presence.
For these reasons, the Blue Jacket was much too my liking over the Miflex.
Without the comparison the Miflex has been very very good, I will be able to revisit the Miflex with more usage on it, as it is in daily use in the reference device.

Nil's Lofgren Acoustic Live 'Keith Don't Go' was possibly the best I have heard it to date, there were delicacies of the strings I could not recall, and the Audience were in the room, I visualised a finger in mouth whistle, it was a edge of the seat moment.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Copper Cap's in the Circuit

Post by IslandPink »

Glad they worked out for you. I always prefer film/foil if the value allows.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#3 Re: Copper Cap's in the Circuit

Post by Mike H »

Just demonstrates how different materials / construction can make a difference

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
JohnG
Old Hand

#4 Re: Copper Cap's in the Circuit

Post by JohnG »

I made a call today to the builder to ask if there was any change in the perception of the Miflex, of which I was told it was more obvious that they were sounding a little flat in comparison.
I have purchased some Z Foil resistors that are yet to be used, we have both agreed the Z Foils would be best put in front of the Miflex as the initial use, to give these components a Clearer less coloured input, a bit of Pep, as the Z Foils 'are said' to be a producer of much Clearer signature as a component.
It is all conjecture at present, but it will soon be tested.