Greg
Social outcast

#1 Longdog Audio PH-1 and HA-1 Review

Post by Greg »

DSJR
User

#2 Re: Longdog Audio PH-1 and HA-1 Review

Post by DSJR »

What the hell is wrong with the reviewers mains/wifi setup? I can play my stuff with (well filtered) laptop on and full wifi, even to a Chromecast Audio connected to it, and not a sound in the background, or any sonic change with it switched off. My downstairs gear is antiquated too and designed in the large-room mainframe era long before home computing was even thought of, let alone wi-fi...

Well done to Nick in any case - forgive my rudeness in having to edit this in...
gninnam
Old Hand

#3 Re: Longdog Audio PH-1 and HA-1 Review

Post by gninnam »

It's not the Wifi per se, but the Wifi extender.
I to get a slight noise pollution when my Wifi extender is plugged in to the wall socket and the preamp set to phono.
Once unplugged all is quiet and calm.

The noice is very subdued in my system and I get the same no matter which phone amp I use!
DSJR
User

#4 Re: Longdog Audio PH-1 and HA-1 Review

Post by DSJR »

Ok. I don't use an extender...

I got into the habit opf using cable ferrites decades ago and still continue the habit on mains leads. One or two rf-style interconnects I made up seem to respond to clip-on ferrites to as audio interconnects (Mark Grant) and an extremely thick Ecoflex 10 cable i mnade, which 'sounds' great despite being do unweildy.