Maplin Mixer Stages

For the three and more legged things
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#1 Maplin Mixer Stages

Post by colin.hepburn »

I came across all there Maplin mixer modules today in the loft I remember building them when I was still in the disco business for my lenco gl75 twin decks using the Maplin modules as the stereo mixer it has inputs for two mics tape one disk 1 disk 2 tape two and Aux one and two plus treble and bass on both channels and PFL monitoring is was loosely modelled on the Citronic SM607 i had at the time brings back some good time :)
Maplin Mixer Stages tape/R.i.A.A/ EQ/and Ouput Buffer
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

I still have the Citronic 330 mixer I bought in 1984 that has similarities to that one.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Yep I reminder that SM 330 as well I also had the SM440 and very old 313 black oh and a cloud consol cant remember the model now though
I liked the Citronic range at that time 8)
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#4 Re: Maplin Mixer Stages

Post by colin.hepburn »

colin.hepburn wrote:I came across all there Maplin mixer modules today in the loft I remember building them when I was still in the disco business for my lenco gl75 twin decks using the Maplin modules as the stereo mixer it has inputs for two mics tape one disk 1 disk 2 tape two and Aux one and two plus treble and bass on both channels and PFL monitoring is was loosely modelled on the Citronic SM607 i had at the time brings back some good time :)
Maplin Mixer Stages tape/R.i.A.A/ EQ/and Ouput Buffer
Yep these Maplin mixer modules were around about the time Mike H was at Maplin it would be nice to get hold of the Schematic for the Phono Stage again as I seem to have lost the Maplin projects Book it was all in along with some other Maplin mags Can you tell me anything about these mixer modules Mike thanks
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I haven't got the projects books if that's what you mean! :D

Do remember a few going through a bit of a re-design at some point. Before that was before my time I think so didn't have much to do with them I'm afraid. None of them were very complicated IIRC, so should be easy to duplicate / trace circuit of.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Yep was just wondering if maybe you had the project books or not. It was just the Phono Stage I was thinking it might be fun to rebuild with better components
I do remember hooking it up to a psu of 14.000uf BHC split foil caps 8) and into a mission Cyrus one many year back it sounded pretty good at the time think it would still be worth a play :)
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Why not! Think you are right could do with better comps IMO. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
afb electronics
New User

#8 Re: Maplin Mixer Stages

Post by afb electronics »

hi, I am just new on here and noticed you were talking about the good old days of Maplin modules etc. so thought I would join in. I have 10 of the Mixer Modules assembled, and still using one in my DIY stereo system. I made these up when I was living in the U.K. many years ago. Also I have the Schematic for the phono pre-amp as well. In my opinion this is a very good sounding pre-amp with heaps of gain, but you do need a subsonic filter with it, as you do with most turntables of course.
:)
afb electronics
New User

#9 Re: Maplin Mixer Stages

Post by afb electronics »

Here is the Schematic for the Maplin Input Module
Maplin  Phono Preamp.jpg
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#10 Re: Maplin Mixer Stages

Post by colin.hepburn »

Hi All
Not been on here for abit
I am just in the process of revisiting this maplin phono stage which must be in excess of 40 years old now i had the build manual for it back then but got lost last time i had this phono stage running it bit sound good i how plan to have a play with it again so thank you afb electronics for posting the schematic thumbs up :)
Attachments
Maplinphomo  Modules.JPG
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage