Ok, anyone have any ideas?

For anything about cans, and the amplifiers that drive them
Nick
Site Admin

#1 Ok, anyone have any ideas?

Post by Nick »

I am looking to get a new pair of headphones for work (since the cleaners killed the freebies I got from subscribing to HFW). They need to be closed back (as oddly enough not everyone likes my choice of music). I am going to use the Berisford DAC as their source until I can try a build something, from a cheap sound card with digital out.

My current thinking is the Denon AH-D1001, anyone have any other views, or suggestions?

I did give my local HiFi shop a chance yesterday and went and asked them what headphones they stocked, and after discounting things made by Bose, the answer was none.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Hi Nick
Well it’s down to price and the sound you preferred but id says the Sennheiser or the Beyerdynamic is your best bet on price and sound start about £30 http://www.headphoneworld.com/c/Full_Si ... phones.htm#
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Nick, if you were happy with the freebie HFW Beyer Dynamic 'phones (AT231?) you're more than welcome to have mine. JTS bought me a pair of HD650's last year for Christmas so mine are doing nowt. PM me your addy again.

I sympathise with the work colleague/music choice scenario.Even though we all play instruments and love music we're divided here..... The boss is a die hard folky with occasional foray's into 'classic rock' which is just about tolerable and the deputy boss actually runs the 'Go West' Fan club and still lives in 1986 I think... I've been subjected to more Go West and 80's pop than is fair :) Neither share my Hawkwind/Gong/CB leanings let-alone my more esoteric choices of dance/funk/jazz/rock/quirk music...... We only all agree on one CD, the best of Tom Petty :lol: All other musics end up with 2 of the members of our workshop liking it and 1 not. Boss and Dep. boss almost came to blows when MJ was mooned by Pulp's Jarvis Cocker all those years ago. I'm keeping my head down... I like both :lol:

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Nick, if you were happy with the freebie HFW Beyer Dynamic 'phones (AT231?) you're more than welcome to have mine. JTS bought me a pair of HD650's last year for Christmas so mine are doing nowt. PM me your addy again.
Thanks for that Dave. I am a tad torn now, yep, I was happy with them, and the sensible thing to do would be to use the same again, but I think I had the upgrade bug flying around my head. IYKWIM.

Sense will prevale, if you get a chance to send them, thanks muchly, I can use them at least until I get the other bits sorted, which might take us near the time I need to think of what xmas present I need to drop hints over :-)

PM sent.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Sorted!

DTB
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Dave the bass wrote:Nick,you're more than welcome to have mine. JTS bought me a pair of HD650's last year for Christmas so mine are doing nowt.

DTB
Don't forget to clean the earwax off first ! :shock: :wink: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

pre65 wrote:
Don't forget to clean the earwax off first ! :shock: :wink: :lol:
Yeuck!

They don't go in yer lug 'oles they go over. These 'phones are super clean!

DTB.