#1 Marshall Guitar Amp on TV alert!

Post by Dave the bass »

"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
thomas
Old Hand

Post by thomas »

Oooooh yes!
Tonight at 10pm, BBC4.
The, ahem, first half of the preceeding Pink Floyd programme looks promising too (ducks for cover etc)...
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Tonight looks to be great viewing. All my birthdays have come at once.

8:00 Ice Road Truckers
9:00 Goggle Box
10:00 The Story of Marshall Amps.

Wahay :D :D
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

Thanks Dave . Finally a decent Friday evening music-fest after too much Country and easy-listening .
Good to have Lisa back on IRT too !
I shall re-watch the first half of the Pink Floyd clips program :D then get ready for the Marshall amps .
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

S'ah pleasure all.

Mum-the-Bass saw it in her "Telly-Mag" (Pffftttt...Mothers eh :roll: :) ) and sent a text alerting me to it, she's sooo hip!

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

Not sure you can join the punk scene with the late '70's heavy metal scene so closely .....
Very interesting nevertheless .
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

I am still in the pre punk groove. Never progressed after punk hated 80s 90s following and haven't found much contemporary since the millennium.

When I want to sit and seriously listen the bands they spoke of on that program prior to when they wasted their breath on punk get played. Zepelin Purple Who in particular.

But I am also going back further than ever into Rock and Roll Era and really finding it a happy time in music making. Kids really letting go for the first time in music history.

Probably a lot less self harming and suicide among the kids of the rock and Roll era. I might be wrong, though, just a whimsical comment. I don't mean to make light of a very serious issue we have today among the young.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Loved the programme, and the Pink Floyd repeat afterwards.
Paul,
Going right back into rock'n roll and pre Beatles British stuff such as skiffle and trad jazz is rewarding.
I was brought up on rock'n roll and British and American big band sounds. Mum and dad were big band fans and my younger uncles and aunts were steeped in rock'n roll. I only have to think about it to be able to literally smell the beer, babycham and brylcreem. :D
I also liked Purple Zep The Who, Quo, Thin Lizzy, as well as R&B, blues, soul and jazz.
Maybe its that sunconscious memory of the sound of rock'n roll that eventually drove me to PP pentodes. My pentode amps certainly produce that sound I had in my head for decades and never achieved until I built them.
The way I style the cosmetics with a fifties/sixties vibe, also makes me wonder.
Strange but logical, I suppose. Oh the wonders of the human mind. :)
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.