New baffles

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
steve s
Shed dweller

#1 New baffles

Post by steve s »

Well they are nearly sorted, just the drivers to add for the top section and upholster the bass baffle and then some assembley, it looks like I'm nearly there, but there is always something else slowing my progress, i recon they will be finished by next tuesday which gives a few days to mess about with some fine tuning..

Lesley has been very patient with me as usual as you can see by the mess thats been hanging round for weeks

Onwards...

Edit.. If you click on the pics to open them up .. Like magic they are the right way up.. Well it works on an ipad, what can i say
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

..but it doesn't work on a normal computer .... :D
Good effort anyway !
Keen to hear what you have Steve.
Goodmans on the upper bass, is it ?
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

IslandPink wrote:..but it doesn't work on a normal computer .... :D
Good effort anyway !
Keen to hear what you have Steve.
Goodmans on the upper bass, is it ?
Sorry about that , the pics where the right way up when loaded via the i pad
I dont know how I've managed to get them upside down...

The drivers working upwards
Fane 18 xb
fane vintage 15"
Vintage Vitavox 12"
Beyma amt
Fostex t500

I'll get the top baffle ones fitted tomorrow all being well...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
chris661
Shed dweller

Post by chris661 »

Interesting mix of drivers, Steve.

No chance of trying a medium-format midrange, say 6-8"?

Just seems to me that, with all those drivers, it makes sense to spread out the diameters a little to avoid beaming through the midrange.

All FWIW and IMHO, of course - looks like you've got a plan.

Chris
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

chris661 wrote:Interesting mix of drivers, Steve.

No chance of trying a medium-format midrange, say 6-8"?

Just seems to me that, with all those drivers, it makes sense to spread out the diameters a little to avoid beaming through the midrange.

All FWIW and IMHO, of course - looks like you've got a plan.

Chris
Its a fair point chris but its about matching efficiencies., the 12just about achieves 100 + dbs where i need it, to mate below the beyma, where it playing lead driver down to about 600 htz where the 15" joins in and an octave lower the 18 too.
I've have all the drivers running together and it sounds good, Scott my give you his view as he has heard all the drivers together. He was confident there was not much in the way of dips and no isses with beaming, but god know what owston will bring once they are all together.