Tesla says hi

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Tesla
New User

#1 Tesla says hi

Post by Tesla »

Hii
Just a few worlds to introduce myself, I reside in Hampshire and work as a data centre facilities manager.
My hobbies are electronics and computers and I have a wife who I have turned into a technophobe monster
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Welcome Tesla. Don't tell your wife about this place because it sucks you deeper and deeper in :wink:
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams (HHGTTG)
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

I spent from the age of 3 to 11 in Four Marks, then at a baording school at Long Sutton, holliday time with mum in Alresford, then she moved to Alton, and I left home when I went to The University of Hull.

Visited Winchester regularly and had an aunt in Chandler's Ford.

that good enough for you?

In Hamshire if you ask for the toy department they send you to the men's apparel, and when you call out to another young person you don't know you say OI moosh!
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by jack »

Welcome!

Having a techno-illiterate SWMBO is a *good thing* - it provide balance... my other half speaks/translates/teaches 6 languages fluently (including Modern Greek and Arabic) and is good in several others, but knows nothing (nor cares) about technology - I, OTOH, even though I was educated in Switzerland & have lived & worked in several countries where English is not even a second language, am totally cr*p at languages. Also, she has more degrees than me and is generally better qualified :) In addition, she *says* she likes my Bakelite radios - this may be just to humour me...

Its a good combo.

Went to Soton Uni to do EE - lived around there for years - nice bit of the world (outside of Soton, of course, which was a definite health-hazard).
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt