new user

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Steptoe
User

#1 new user

Post by Steptoe »

I am probably unique on this forum as I have joined, not because of a love of music but due to a love of junk. As a lad growing up in Liverpool just after WW2 I afforded my adult relations considerable amusement by always stating, when asked, that my ambition was to be a binman. The reason was my amazement at all the useful stuff people threw away and my assumption that as a refuse collector I would have first pick of the spoils.
In the event my ambition was thwarted but the urge to collect other peoples rubbish has never left me and I have now accumulated a huge amount, ranging from pre world war valves, through victims of the millennium bug to massive modern TVs,which only seem to last for a couple of years. Although on excellent terms with my maker, during a recent discussion there was some suggestion that I couldn't take it with me when I go to meet him so I have decided, for the first time ever, to make use of it and the obvious choice was to make music amplifiers. The fact that I know nothing about music or physics has clearly been a disadvantage but I am hoping to learn something of both from this forum and in return to help in sourcing preloved components for other members.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Hi, welcome. You'll certainly find a ready market for any valve related stuff here!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Hi Steptoe, sounds like you have found a good place here. :wink:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Great.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein