Hi from Denmark

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
bapu
User

#1 Hi from Denmark

Post by bapu »

Hi my name is Michael. I come from Silkeborg Denmark. I have been building 2 and 2,5 way speakers for the last 5 years. Now i want to try fullrange, more specifiq tangband 1772 8". I see that a few in this forum has tried the same unit in varius cabbinets. I hope you alle will be so kind to give me some ideas with volume and filter plans. looking forward to read some interresting treads :D
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Hi, welcome.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

If you want to roll on the floor with laughter read the reviews on here.

http://www.parts-express.com/tang-band- ... r--264-893

Never read a bigger pack of lies from totally deluded people in my life.

I have a pair, they are midlle of the road full range drivers, no huge faults but nowhere near the best full rangers known to man. biggest issue is lack of efficiency and lack of delicacy compared to AER and Lowther. If the answer to get rid of the Lowther Shout is to make something which is dull to the fine changes in tone , dull to minutely delicate response then they are a wopping success.

They are OK but they are no where near the descriptions on the seller's website. the reviews stink of a put up job.

They are mega cheap though, which is a good thing. They box at their price weight and no higher.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
ed
retired

Post by ed »

Paul Barker wrote: They are mega cheap though, which is a good thing. They box at their price weight and no higher.
are we talking about the same speaker....

the rrp is E300 but blue planet are doing a special deal at E195

I certainly don't consider that cheap....

welcome bapu by the way

some full range alternatives if you havn't already committed:

fostex (much better value)
markaudio(not as big, not very efficient)
seas fa22(not bad with the right alignment)
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Cheap at the link I gave. $205 = £123 Lowther EX2 £378 The AER MK1's not available but seen a pair used for $1,250 Canadian

I wouldn't heavily criticise them. But I would take either the AER or any 8" Lowther in exchange for mine yes please?

The reviews, clearly from buddies of seller, not to be trusted. 💰
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Perhaps I need to say "comparatively cheap" instead of "mega cheap".

Guilty of over dramatizing the situation, but not as dramatic as the 5 * reviews.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

I've probably frightened off poor BAPU now. Don't worry BAPU I have a pair in daily use. Just don't think anyone deserves to be lied to. I'll tell you the truth as I see if even if you hate me for it.
bapu
User

Post by bapu »

Thank you all for saying wellcome and all the advices.

Ed: I have been looking at the markaudio speakers (6") for a portet cabinet.

Paul: Not at all. I'm only happy that you are being honest, that is in my favour :D

I'm looking at building a small portet floor standing speaker 40 - 45 liters ore so and would like some advice to wich unit would be bedst since my fist idea got shot down like Cassidy and Sundance :lol:

If it would be better to create a tread for this where would the best place for that be?
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

Hi
bapu wrote:Thank I'm looking at building a small portet floor standing speaker 40 - 45 liters ore so and would like some advice to wich unit would be bedst since my fist idea got shot down like Cassidy and Sundance :lol:
If it would be better to create a tread for this where would the best place for that be?
Paul's not known for being a politician !

Put a thread up on the speaker forum -
http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4
Hopefully Colin or Scott will give you some advice soon .
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
bapu
User

Post by bapu »

Thank you very much Pink! I will do that :D