Hello!

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
cpu_bach
User

#1 Hello!

Post by cpu_bach »

I was guided to this place by the discussion on uTracer. I am building one myself.
Hope to discuss on vacuum tubes and DIY amplifiers.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

OK good luck with the uTracer build. Four at least of us have built one maybe more than four? So call out any difficulties.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Love the name! :D
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
cpu_bach
User

#4 Thanks!

Post by cpu_bach »

shane wrote:Love the name! :D
I have been using this since I started PC communication in '90s, though I am not a member of J.S. Bach's family.
cpu_bach
User

Post by cpu_bach »

Paul Barker wrote:OK good luck with the uTracer build. Four at least of us have built one maybe more than four? So call out any difficulties.
Glad to know precursors here. I have finished board assembly and test. Housing is on the way.
Attachments
ms1401.jpg
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

You're nearly done :D
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
cpu_bach
User

Post by cpu_bach »

Paul Barker wrote:You're nearly done :D
I hope so, too.
Actually, I had a trouble in the final test and spent a week to find out a solder bridge. I am ready to start wiring, but have some difficulty to spare time in my laboratory.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by jack »

Built mine as a "present to self" (aka retail therapy) for Christmas 2012 - love it to bits...

Added bluetooth to it to get galvanic isolation to protect my laptop...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
cpu_bach
User

Post by cpu_bach »

nickds1 wrote:
Added bluetooth to it to get galvanic isolation to protect my laptop...
Great to have a wireless connection! I chose a USB-TTL converter skipping the RS-232C connection for my uTracer.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by jack »

cpu_bach wrote:
Paul Barker wrote:You're nearly done :D
I hope so, too.
Actually, I had a trouble in the final test and spent a week to find out a solder bridge. I am ready to start wiring, but have some difficulty to spare time in my laboratory.
Don't forget to use the correct ferrite beads and always use Ronald's/AVO's recommended loop wiring scheme...

My Bluetooth implementation was detailed on the Google uTracer group at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/utracer ... ZKY80qNyIJ

Big advantage of using Bluetooth is full galvanic isolation - useful if you want to protect your expensive laptop - and its very cheap & non destructive to the uTracer board...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
cpu_bach
User

Post by cpu_bach »

nickds1 wrote: Don't forget to use the correct ferrite beads and always use Ronald's/AVO's recommended loop wiring scheme...
Thank you for your advice. I used Amdon FB-43-801 beads and completed loop wiring for all the sockets. I have no time to go further, but hope this works.