Hello from Spain

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
joddle
New User

#1 Hello from Spain

Post by joddle »

Hi - I am a retired UK civil servant now living in Spain with my young family. My interest in all things audio began at school where I used to make valve amps. My first hi fi amp was the Mullard 5-20 built in about 1965 - many others were later built mainly to power my fledgling disco!

Alas valve kit became too heavy to cart around and I eventually succumbed to SS and used a BBC spec HH amp for my disco which then went stereo - wow!!! I think it was the first and only "hi fi" and stereo set of kit around in my region at the time.

Now many many moons later I enjoy music though my MF kit - A3 amp and CD and using Linn Saras which I have owned from new.
I still have a hankering for valves and may one day build another pair of 5-20s just for the hell of it.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

just for the hell of it sounds fine to me but it can be addictive!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.