Changes included in the 1.8 release of unixODBC
All changes should be considered the fault and work of me
apart from the following that are the work of the respective authors but the fault of me.
- Fix logging bug that was killing StarOffice.
- Upgrade the Postgres driver to 06.04.0006 to remove problem
with columns containing cr/lf combinations.
- Change the logging so that the logging info comes
from a special [ODBC] section in odbcinst.ini. This
means that what goes on before the connect can be logged.
- Make SQLError,SQLGetDiagField and SQLGetDiagRec usable
with all versions of application and driver.
- Add configure flag to specify where to look for the MiniSQL lib.
- Add configure flag to disable the building of the drivers.
- Fix bug in the cursor lib introduced by the fix for the glibc bugs.
- Fix bug where SQLSetConnectAttr/Option can return without
clearing a connection thread lock.
- Make the Postgres driver able to connect via UNIX domain
sockets. Specifying a server of localhost enables this option.
- Assorted stupid bugs fixed in the DM.1
- Fix isql so that SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO is considered a success for
- Added fix for SQLTransact, it was checking for a non null henv
first, it now checks the hdbc first.2
- The connection_count in the environment handle was only
incremented on the first connection, but decremented on all
free dbc's, this caused the count to go negative at time.2
- Add fix to enable mapping to and from ODBC 3/2 datetime values.3
- Added --enable-gui configure option to turn off all c++ and GUI bits, when
compiling on system without c++.
- improved performance by removing logging code from inline when logging is off.
- Experimental cursor lib added, to try this let me know and I will give instructions.
- Fixed bug where if the user .odbc.ini was not found, the system odbc.ini
was not checked. This was a big problem for PHP when running as nobody.
- Fixed problem where some versions of glibc, was giving the driver
manager function address, instead of the driver one.
All comments and bug reports again to me.
- Holger Bischoff.
- Greg Bentz.
- Manush Dodunekov.